Wednesday, April 22, 2009

SpRiNg

This is my tribute to spring....
I love the spring! Everyone is so happy because there is the first real sunshine. Flowers are blooming. The grass starts to grow and turns so green. The earth is just so beautiful, it seems as if the whole world is peaceful and happy. New life is everywhere.
This spring we (my dad/family) was supposed to have two new baby horses. Unfortunately, one of our mares got what is called Rhino Virus and it ended up making her abort her baby under developed and the baby didn't make it. But last Saturday Lucky had her first colt ever. He is so darn cute! He has 3 white socks that are just opposite of his mom's. We're thinking that we'll name him Dancer's Lucky Socks after his mom and great grandma (and probably call him Socks). But I think my dad's open to suggestions so let them fly.
Lucky and the baby are also in the neighbors barn, which has all sorts of new baby horses. Here's just a few of my favorites.... ENJOY!SocksSuperman (because of the shield on his face)
The friendliest girl in the barn The weirdest colored horse now but will probably be my favorite soon
My nephew Garrett came to visit the barn and boy was he in heaven! He loved the rake and drug it around the entire time he was there. If you tried to take it away from him he showed his true red-headed temper. He gave Sadie kisses and loved sitting on the little four-wheeler. He's going to be a big helper to his dad when he gets his own horse barn one day.


5 comments:

Jake and Kristin said...

Oh how I wish I could be there with you right now! They are so stinkin cute! Don't you ever forget how lucky you are to have your parents so close with all your fun horses! I'm so jealous!

Josh and Laurie said...

Cute cute pictures. I love your baby horse. It is so precious. And your nephew is adorable.

Natalie said...

Oh man! Reading this just reminded me that I need to post about that on my blog. That was such a fun day. Nothing better than a new colt. :)

Emily M said...

Me and Brooklyn are looking at this and she is DYING to see the colt now! One of these days soon- we will have to meet you over there so she can see them!

Brit said...

That looks like so much fun. I love spring too I just wish it would hang around for a few days. We need to do something before you guys leave!