Friday, April 17, 2009

WICKED!

Last night I had the opportunity to go see the Broadway "Wicked" at the Capitol Theater in Salt Lake City. For any of you that have not seen it I would HIGHLY recommend you do so at some point in your life. It is so fun and entertaining but it also gives a great message about loving those people who may be different from you, and quite possibly those you just seem different but are not as different as you think.
Not only was the show absolutely fabulous, but the people we were there made it even better. Back in December my sister-in-law Natalie stood in line for hours in the freezing cold to get tickets for everyone. I think she ended up getting 22 tickets!!! It was so much fun though! Me, my mom, Em, Nat, Suz and Craig, Brian and Sher, the Anderson women, and a whole bunch of Natalie's in-laws. We had so much fun driving down together enjoying each other's company.




Mom, Me, Em, Nat and Mal

The Anderson Women

Mom, Em, Craig, Suz, Jan and Karen

Brain, Nat and Me
While all the gals were gone, Brett ended up watching Emily's gals at their house. He was dreading it at first because he has never really babysat before and whenever they come to our house, I'm always there to change the diapers and play with Brooklyn. But Brett was a trooper and said he actually had quite a good time with the gals.
I feel so blessed to have such a great family and to have married in to a wonderful family. The Petersen's are so kind and loving and they always make who ever they are with feel like they are a part of their family. I'm so grateful that my mom was able to go with us. We also feel so blessed to have family so close. We love and appreciate all of them so much. We sure are going to miss you during the summer but it's a relief to know that we'll be stickin around for at least 2 more years! :)
Sorry for the tangent - back to WICKED! - I LOVED IT! I'm so glad I got to go and I hope all of you who haven't seen it or even read the book will do it!

5 comments:

Kami Anderson said...

I agree totally. It was lots of fun.

Natalie said...

I'm so glad you got some photos! I might just have to steal yours. It was such a fun night and well worth the five hours standing in line in the freezing cold. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. We really are lucky to have such a great family and having you a part of it has made it that much better. :)

Kacey & Whitney said...

I hate you.... Haha not really but I'm super jealous! I have wanted to go see that for years but never have gotten the chance :(

Janalee Anderson said...

Wicked was "wickedly awesome!" And Craig, Mallory, and I would like a shout out for standing in the cold starting at 5am for those tickets too:).

Emily M said...

we did have a "wicked" time! I really didn't know what to expect- but it far exceeded my expectations! We had a fun night!