Monday, April 6, 2009

Quarter of a Century Old

It's true.... Brett turned 25 years old yesterday. He is already getting grey hair, starting to lose a little at times, and when we woke up yesterday morning he said to me, " I can already feel half of my testosterone gone." I just rolled my eyes and chuckled.
Yesterday was also conference so we got to spend the whole day with family and be blessed to hear the words of our prophet and apostles. It was a wonderful, very uplifting conference! Needless to say, Brett had a pretty dang good birthday. After conference we had cake and ice cream with the his whole family. We feel so blessed to be so close to his family and be able to enjoy spending time with them, especially the Sunday afternoons. We love it when Brian and Sher (Brett's brother and sister-in-law) come up from Salt Lake and are able to join in the family fun. Between the males in the house and the 3 grandkids running around getting into everything, it is never a dull moment when we're at the Petersen's but we wouldn't trade it for anything. See the videos for some sampling of the night.
In the second video, Gracie would shake her head and Garrett would laugh so hard, he got laughing so hard he ran out of breath and his whole face turned bright red. Of course, when I pulled out the camera it kind of stopped but luckily, I caught just a little bit of it at the end. These two crack me up.... I can't wait to have kids so they can play with their cousins and have so much fun together.

Tonight we went to dinner at "Mi Rachito De Logan" for Brett birthday dinner. It was his second choice after "Chucky Cheeses" of course. None of us had ever been there for an actual meal and Brett wanted to try it so we went. I think you can guess by the name what kind of experience we had. Let's just say it was an adventure. But it sure was fun being able to enjoy dinner with the family. Brett and Dearth decided to take some hats off the wall and try them on. We were lucky enough they had this one there, otherwise there wouldn't have been one big enough to fit Dearth's big head.


Brett is such a great husband and I'm so thankful that he is mine. He is such a great example to me. I'm so grateful for his worthiness to hold the priesthood. He knows how to push my buttons and sometimes I just want to smack him but he always knows how to make me feel loved. I'm grateful for all of his hard work and can't wait to spend the next quarter of century (and more) with him. Happy Birthday Sweetheart!

5 comments:

Emily M said...

Those are some good pictures! What cute kids! :) I love that picture with Derk and Brett in the hats! Brett's birthday was really done up big time. We are so glad to live close to you guys too! We will miss you TONS this summer!

Kami Anderson said...

Looks like we missed out on a fun party. I love the video of Gracie and Garrett. I'm glad Brett had fun birthday.

B. said...

Happy birthday Bretty!

P.S. Chels, I'm finally checking out your blog, and I love it! And YOU!

Alex and Anna said...

Sounds like a fun time! i loved the video of brett blowing out the candles =) You two are such a cute couple chels.

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday Bretty Boy! The mexican restaurant was quite the experience. Garrett had SIX messy diapers the next day and they were NASTY! I wonder what was in that food...