Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Amalga

The weather has been so good here that we just haven't had time for posting anything on our blog. We've been enjoying the sun and the warm weather. This week it's supposed to get up into the mid 80's which is VERY rare for Juneau. There is hardly any polution up here and we're closer to the sun so 60's and 70's feel much warmer than they really are. We're excited. Yesterday, me and Megan had the day off and we went for a run with Dax. It was so hot that we both put on tank tops so we wouldn't die from heat exhaustion and I acutally got a little bit of a sunburn. YEAH! Maybe we won't be pasty white when we come home this year... :)
On Saturday night Brett and I headed to Amalga Harbour. It's our favorite place to go fishing because it's one of the best places to catch Salmon when they are running. We are trying to hit the run early so the salmon meat is still good to eat and we aren't having to throw them all back because they're too rotten to eat. So we've made a few drives out there to see if they've started their summer run and to do a little fishing to see if we could catch anything. We didn't catch anything but we had a blast being out there. There were a few people that came and catch little tiny fish but there wasn't many fish to caught. They should start running soon and then we can have SALMON coming out of ears we'll have so much!
While Brett was fishing, I took a few pictures. Ok more than a few - about 100 pictures but here are some of my favorites.

This was a truck we past on our way home from fishing




Wrangler Butts drive me nuts! :)



My ultimate favortite picture of the night

4 comments:

Josh and Laurie said...

I love the pictures. It looks way pretty there.

Emily M said...

I LOVE those pictures! Wrangler butts also drive me nutts- especially when it is my brother! :)

Natalie said...

Awesome pics! Did you get your new camera yet? I'm also loving my little brother's Wrangler butt. :) I'm sure you are feeling right at home in a place called "AMALGA." Now if you can just find a Newton and a Benson...

Mal Pal said...

Chels this looks so fun! I love the fourth picture on this post. So pretty.