Monday, November 3, 2008

BuSy! bUsY! BUSY!

It's been a while since I posted an update. We've been super busy with school and haven't had much time for anything else it seems like. These past 2 weeks have been especially busy with all of our teachers having big projects due and lots of tests. So we've had our hands full. This is a picture of Brett so hard at work in the library on one afternoon. This is just to show you all how hard we really are working... :)

Ok, so we really have actually been quite busy. We feel quite old because we work so hard during the week and then when the weekend comes all we want to do is sleep, hang out with each other, stay home, and go to bed early. No there's nothing wrong with this but this past weekend was Halloween and we didn't really want to do anything. However, I did convince Brett (who has NEVER been to a corn maze EVER BEFORE!) to go to the corn maze with me. It was a haunted corn maze and Brett doesn't like being scared. But he was a really good sport and made me go through all of the scary tunnels first and everything. We really had a good time and enjoyed spending the evening together.
The next morning we got up early for the opening morning of the pheasant hunt. We headed out West to Benson and went hunting with my dad, my brother, and my brother-in-law Dearth. I slayed the most pheasants. I shot 2 pheasants (actually 3 - but my cousin Jason shot the other one first so I let him have it) and I even cleaned one of them on my own. Brett was kind enough to clean one for me. Brett got one and Dearth got one but they gave them away so they didn't have to clean them. But we did have them for Sunday afternoon dinner and they were quite delicious. Now I can lay claim to the mighty hunter of the family!

My sister Megan and her husband Zach are expecting their first baby in March and they found out today that IT'S A BOY!!! Congrats to them! We are super excited for them. We just wish they were closer so that we could hug and kiss them and watch Megan's tummy grow!
I also got some good pictures this last week. We had a little going away party for Brett's cousin, Tyler, who left to go work at a ski resort in Colorado and I caught this great picture of Dearth (he didn't know he had crap all over his face and I snapped a picture before he got wipe it off).

And Brooklyn was quite the cute little witch for Halloween - quite fitting I would have to say for her attitude lately. But we sure do love our little Brooklyn!


Brett also needed a hair cut really bad! So I gave him one and his bushy beard just looked quite comical so he decided to trim the beard. He looks so much younger, even with just trimming it - it's crazy. This is just a picture of him trimming his beard (notice all of the hair at his feet - that's all from his hair!)

3 comments:

Kami Anderson said...

You are so awesome Chelsea! Way to show those guys how it's done.

Emily M said...

I love the picture of Derk with the smudges on his face and the picture of Brooklyn and Pauline is darling! I laughed out loud when I read about Brooklyn being a witch and it matching her attitude lately! It is so true!

Natalie said...

Way to make me look bad, little miss hunter woman extraordinare! Greg mentions at about midnight Friday night that you are going out with them and how lucky Brett is to have a wife who will go hunting with him. Way to go, Chels! You rock (and Brett's beard is fabulous--I hope he never shaves)!