Thursday, July 31, 2008

My Parents

Today is my parent's 26th year anniversary. I can't believe they're old enough to have been married that long. They are both still so busy and doing so many things that it doesn't seem possible. Low and behold, it's the truth.
I just wanted to let them know how grateful I am for them and the their examples in my life. Growing up with parents who brought our family close when we were younger has sure helped keep all of us close. I 'm not quite sure how they did it all! Between soccer games, horses (shows/races), church activities, and countless other things they still managed to find time to spend with one another. I feel so blessed to have them as my parents. They created a wonderful family - the BEST family (ok so I'm a little biased). Hopefully, Brett and I can as good as parents as they are.
Now that I am married I am even more grateful to my mom and dad for, not only teaching us kids how to live righteously and always do our best, but also for their example of what a marriage should be. They didn't sugar coat life and tell us it was going to be easy. They taught us that there will always be rough times but that is no reason to pull away from the ones that mean the most to you, especially your spouse. I am grateful for the respect that they show each other and I hope that I can show Brett the same respect.
I feel so lucky to have such wonderful parents and great siblings. Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad! You're the best!

4 comments:

Kami Anderson said...

I've haven't been around your parents all that much. But from what I have got to know of them they sure seem like awesome people and your wonderful tribute confirms that. Can't wait to see you guys!!

Mama T said...

Sure, make me cry! That was out of the blue. I was casually checking Blogs and out of nowhere I'm reading about your dad and I. Thanks that was sweet.

Jake and Kristin said...

looks real nice and pretty in Alaska. hope your having fun. we think your parents are both awesome as well.

The Perry Family said...

Hey chels, you do have awesome parents!! I miss going to soccer games and chillin' with each others families. I just barely found your blog, so lets keep in touch!! miss ya!