Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Tag... I'm it

I just got tagged by my dear sweet sister-in-law, Natalie. I have to let everyone know 7 Random Facts about me and let me tell you... it's not easy. I had to cheat (i'm not really sure if it's cheating or not) and ask Brett some weird things about me and he sure came up with them fast. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not but I hope you all enjoy learning a little bit more about my crazy self.

1: I am "The List Queen". I make list after list after list. I'm not acutally sure where I picked this up or how but I did. I make a list everyday of all the things that I need to get done that day or would at least like to try to get accomplished. It's my way of keeping my thoughts and my actions on task I guess. Sometimes I feel lost and very unorganized if I do not have a list. Brett likes to tease me and often asks, "well, have you made a list?" when I am running around
frantic with lots of things to do. (I have the best husband ever)

2: I am not tickelish. The ONLY person that can make me tickle is my dad (and my sister occasionally) I can just control my tickle nerves extremely well and let me tell you, Brett hates this. My dad tickeled me a lot when I was a kid and I think I just learned to control it. I used to be really tickleish but for some odd reason I am not anymore.

3: I am a twitcher. When I sleep, usually when I am falling asleep, my muscles go insane and spasm like crazy! They do it even worse when I have had a hard days work (ex. playing soccer, riding horses, lifting, hiking) One time Brett and I were watching a movie, curled up on the couch, he was laying in front of me and my leg twitched so hard that I knocked him half way off the couch. He had to catch himself from falling on the floor.

4: Zit popper: one who enjoys popping zits. I learned this from my mother and my older sister. They would often attack me when I was younger and pop all my zits. They would tell me that they are doing it out of love and that they don't want me walking around with gross zits all over me. So I became obsessed with always making sure that I don't have any gross whiteheads or huge blackheads on my face. Unfortunately, for Brett, I do the same for him too. I am always checking him for zits to make sure that he doesn't go out in public with gross zits on his face. He hates it but he is very patient with me. Now - I don't like popping everyone's zits - just people I love and don't mind getting their zit scum on me.

5: I fall asleep during most movies, I don't fall asleep in the theater but if me and Brett are watching a movie just cuddling on the couch I most likely fall asleep. Growing up I was always the last one to go to sleep at sleep overs or watching movies late at night but every since I graduated high school and have been so busy the only time I have to relax is when we watch movies, so it's my time to really relax. I love curling up on the couch and watching a good movie with Brett (or at least until I fall asleep), it's now one of my favorite things to do. Brett asks why I always fall asleep and I just tell him that I get so comfortable that I can't help but fall asleep.

6: I have to get things prepared for the next day before I can fall asleep at night. Example: I have to lay the clothes out that I am going to wear and pack my bags for the next day. I have this superstition that if I don't, I will wake up late the next morning and it will be a horrible day. So I just prepare the night before so that even if I do wake up a little late I don't have to waste time deciding what to wear and I'm not as likely to forget something as I run out the door.

7: I HAVE to have my clothes hung up facing the same direction and grouped by colors. My closet looks something like this: sweaters at the back grouped together in colors (just during the summer, then they move to the front during the winter when I wear them everyday) then all of my shirts are grouped together by color and either short or long-sleeved. Then my dresses, once again, grouped by color.

So now everyone knows my oddities and my OCD's. I am now tagging Brit Hansen (you just got started on the blog world so I thought it'd be a nice welcome for you), Nicole Pettingill, and both Megan and Zach! I'm also tagging Dearth and Maynes because I know they love blogging! Good luck and I will look forward to reading all about you!

5 comments:

Natalie said...

I am "such glad" you responded to this tag because it was so fun to learn about you. I am also a zit-popper and Greg absolutely hates it. He refuses to let me touch his zits--Brett must really love you! :) You are so cute and I'm so glad Brett talked you into marrying him. Love ya!

ndpettingill said...

Chelsea this is so funny because we are so much the same! Ha Ha reading this cracked me up, no wonder we are friends!

Emily M said...

I too am a zit popper- LOVE IT! Especialy when they fly out onto the mirror! Sean is also a twitcher in his sleep. That was way fun to read

Mama T said...

I'm afraid that some of these OCD habits have been passed down from Aunts, Parents and Grandparents. My only advice is that you don't come unglued when the list falls apart. I had to learn that some things you can't control and you have to learn to roll with the punches. Your Dad would say to me "Teresa, can you control this?" and when I'd answer "No" he say then you have to let it go. Take deep breaths and relax. Hard to do, easy to say.

clamcb said...

Claudia says that as a family we are so much a like, I have read that more than one person loves to pop zits, I to am one of those the bigger pop the better, I also sort my clothes in our closet, my side is hung the same way and Kev's is hung the opposite way so as you look at them when you enter the closet they face you, I am not into sorting by colors but I rotate my clothes, everthing worn that day goes goes to the back of the pack
it is great to keep up with your exciting life hope when you get back to happy valley you won't be too bored, all or love Kevin & Claudia