Thursday, November 6, 2014

Half Marathon

I have been wanting to run a half marathon for a few years now and my goal was to run one by the time I was 30. Well having a baby changes things and I was really feeling not-so-great about my body and these wonderful changes that happen when you have a baby. AJ Cohen is an avid runner and we talked about running a 1/2 together sometime. They moved from CT to Colorado and we decided to run the trail run in Moab, with me running the 1/2 and AJ running the full marathon. We had it all planned out and I started training the last week of August. We got hotel rooms and everything and I was just waiting to sign up for the 1/2 to make sure that I was actually going to be able to do this. Well.... I went to sign up and it was full! BUMMER! So I found another half to do while I was in shape so I could cross it off my list... So I did it!!! My first half marathon was the Cache Valley Halloween Half on October 11. I finished in 2 hours and 6 minutes, which I was hoping to finish it in 2 1/2 hours. I didn't walk at all, other than one little hill, for about 15 seconds.... which looking back on it I am kinda ticked that I let myself do "break gait". But I felt really good about it and am very happy with how it all turned out. I wasn't too sore, at least not as sore as I thought I was going to be.
I definitely wouldn't mind doing another half sometime, perhaps sometime soon....

No comments: