Saturday, November 5, 2011

"Sew" much to do

With the weather turning cold I have had more time to be indoors and spend more time sewing..... Who am I kidding.... This has been the case for the last 3 months.....But this is what I have accomplished this week...
First, I made a hooter hider for a member of our ward. Brett is her home teacher and she asked if I could make her one. I forgot to take a picture so you'll just have to trust me on this one. I found some great fabric and she absolutely loved it when she opened the gift today.
I then made an ear warmer for the upcoming winter. I have always wanted one of these because I have such a small head that beanies and hats of any kind look ridiculous on me. So here is this one...

Next, the other day when we were at the temple, I looked down at my slippers and decided that I was going to make me some new temple slippers. I have never liked the ones that I got when I first went through. They are really tight and let's just say, lack any style what-so-ever (not that I'm trying to be stylish in the Temple or anything...) So I made me some new temple slippers and some new house slippers. They are so comfy and I love them!


Sorry they are side ways - too lazy to fix it

Then I made a few more car seat canopies - this time for boys. I made one for my sister-in-law to give as a gift and the other one is up for grabs if anyone wants it. Emily still has to decide which one she wants - but the other one is available if anyone is interested.
Side 1
Side 2
Side 1
Side 2
Here's a picture of a gorgeous tree that is by our house. Living in New England during the fall has made me love fall even more (if that's possible - minus that fact that today is the Pheasant Hunt and I missing it). Everyone says that the colors this year are not good but I still think it's beautiful. I am loving the area right now and am dreading winter!


We also had to say goodbye to a new found friend - Elder Okelberry. He's been the only missionary to be in our ward that has been here the whole time we have been here. This was his first area in the mission field and he did great work here. He was a huge asset to the ward (especially because he could play the piano and he did every Sunday). He was a hard worker and he loved having him in our home. We wish him good luck with the remainder of his mission! His companion Elder McAllister is still here and we can't wait to meet the new companion....
I was laughing so I look kind of silly in this picture - don't judge...

3 comments:

Whitney Hale said...

CHELS! you are so talented. I need your ambition!! :)

Jake and Kristin said...

You are quite the seamstress! Very impressive! I have the same problem with hats. . . Did to follow a pattern for it or just make it up?

ericleep said...

If you haven't found a home for that car seat cover, we'll take 'er off your hands...