Sunday, September 7, 2008

A rough weekend

Friday evening, Brett and his friend Dustin went out looking for elk so I thought I would make good use of my free time and go for a horse ride. Me, my dad, and my brother-in-law, Dearth all took our young horses for a little ride in the Smithfield arena. I rode my 4-year-old, Oli and he was great. I got on my next "project", a 2-year-old, Millie. Everything was going just great when all of the sudden she caught me a little off guard and the next thing I knew I was on the ground. Everything was tingling all over. It took me a minute to get off the ground but when I did, we discovered that I had a HUGE bump on the back of my head and my vision was quite blurry. This bump on the back left side of my head was about the size of a baseball. It was caused by Millie kicking me! Yep, that's right. When I so gracefully fell off, I managed to land right under her and as she "jumped" over my head she kicked the back of my head. Luckily, my sweet sister-in-law, Natalie, had pulled up to the arena about 5 minutes before this all happened and she thought we should go have it looked at. We headed into the hospital and soon enough everyone was there. Brett had returned from the hills, my parents were there, my father-in-law, Craig, and Dearth and Nat and their son Garrett. They took me in for a CT scan and then we had to wait. It came back that I didn't have a fractured skull or anything I just had a mild concussion.
I scraped my hand and arm up pretty good and rope burned some of my fingers. My head killed! and sleeping was sort of a challenge but luckily I have the best husband in the world who is so sweet! He was such a great help and didn't want to leave me at all, for fear that I would get hurt again or throw up or something...
Doc said to take it slow over the weekend, so I sat in a car for a couple of hours on the way to Jackson Hole. Brett's brother Brain biked the LOTOJA this weekend so the whole family took a trip over to support him. We had a really good time as a family. It was great to be able to support B, and spend time with the Petersen family. Overall, beside the head injury and the body aches from getting bucked off it was quite the pleasant weekend.

We really like being home and being able to cuddle our cute neices and nephew.

8 comments:

The Perry Family said...

I've been meaning to leave you a comment for some time. I'm glad your okay & still had a good weekend after your horse accident..Thats awesome that Megan is pregnant, I bet you & your whole family can't wait!! Looks like you guys had such a good time in Alaska, seems to be a fun place to live!! That's awesome you are gonna try & help coach soccer too. Miss you girl!!

Josh and Laurie said...

I'm glad you are okay. That is super scary.

Kami Anderson said...

How scary! I am so glad that you weren't seriously hurt. That could have turned out so much worse. I'm glad you were able to have a good weekend despite the rough start.

Jake and Kristin said...

Hey you two. We really need to get together sometime! We miss you guys. Chels, you really got to be careful! I bet that didn't feel good at all! I'm glad you are ok. We are glad that you are back safe and busy as ever. That's great Brett that you have decided what you want to major in, but just remember if you change your mind and want to do dentistry I'll be willing to get hired on! :) Tell Megan congrats for us!

Marlee Anderson said...

I am so glad you are ok. Nat kept us all updated with texts during your hospital visit. I am excited you guys are home even though I haven't seen you yet!

Emily M said...

I am also way glad that you didn't get hurt worse than you did. We did have a pleasant weekend. And I am very glad that you guys are home to cuddle my kids as well. THank you for being so great with them. they love you guys so much!

The Jones Family said...

We are happy you are feeling better, but don't be suprised if Zach still sends you a coloring book for Christmas :)! He is such a tease! I hope things are starting to settle down at school! Miss you!

Natalie said...

That was so scary! You forgot to include that you had set your ice pack on your lap so it looked like you had wet your pants and the doctor was quite concerned. That was my favorite part of the whole incident. I'm glad you were able to join us at the LOTOJA, though!