Thursday, February 26, 2009

very VeRy VERY BIG NEWS!

So Brett and I have an announcement to make.... Yes we are pre****
JUST KIDDING! Today I found out that I got into the Marriage and Family Therapy Program at USU. I have put a lot of hard work into getting in and Brett is just happy that he doesn't have to hear me stress about it anymore. I will start in the fall of 2009 and in the hopes that I have my thesis and my practicum hours (500+ hours) done in the spring of 2011, I will graduate. Thus, I will FINALLY complete my education. Brett is very please about this for a couple of reasons but the biggest one is that we will not have to move in a year to get into a different program. We will be in Cache Valley for at least 2 more years. It also gives him a couple more years to decide what he wants to be when he grows up. (I'm still waiting for that to happen...)
Sadly, this will be our last summer that we can move away to Alaska a work for the summer and unfortunately that probably means a fair amount of debt is headed our way. YEAH for debt! :)
But in the long run, it's all worth it and we're so excited for the invitation.
I told Brett now that we're in the program it's fitting for us to move somewhere a little more permanent AND get a dog. Oh well, I guess I'll still have to wait for those.

9 comments:

Jake and Kristin said...

Congrats Chels...that's awesome!!! I'm so excited for you guys. It's definitely a good thing to have that stress lifted off!
Jake's been working on me to get a dog since before we were even married! I'm starting to soften up a little bit to the idea...we'll see what happens I guess. Moral of the story...don't give up on Brett - just keep working him over. I bet before you know it, he'll be walking in the door with one!

Josh and Laurie said...

Congrats!!! That is so great. We are so happy for you.

Kami Anderson said...

Congratulations Chelsea!! I'm glad all your hard work paid off. You know the basement apartment is coming up for rent. How do you feel about Wellsville?

Natalie said...

Way to go! Although I do wish the first part was true, we are absolutely thrilled for you. You have worked so hard and I'm so glad it all paid off. Why did Em and I have to get stuck with such smart and talented sisters-in-law? I guess our brothers are just used to being around amazing women and knew what they were looking for. :) We are so proud of you! We love you!

Brit said...

Congratulations Chelsea! That is so great! We'll miss you guys. I bet that's a huge weight lifted though. So enjoy it!

The Jones Family said...

Yeah for you!! I am so proud of my little sis! I am sad this will be the last summer you can come stay with us...guess we will have to make it the best one! Love you!

Brit said...

Sorry I'm a fool. I read USU but thought BYU. So we're happy your stickin around for a while.

Emily M said...

I still can't believe you held out on telling us- and then Brett comes in and say- Congratulation! I was and am so excited for you and us that you will still be close!

Mama T said...

Yes folks, that's my baby! She gets her smarts from her dad and her good looks from her mom! We are so proud of her. We are so happy that they will be sticking around for a few more years.