Tuesday, May 6, 2008

We're actually here!

As I promised, I have now started a blog. We arrived in Alaska on Saturday night at 9:40 (AK time) and have been having a blast so far. Upon arriving, Zach and his friend Ellis, had been crabbing that day and caught HUGE crabs. So we had a crab feast when we arrived. Talk about an official Alaskan welcome.
Brett is working as a tour bus driver and has worked every day that we've been here. He has been getting familiar with the area, which isn't too difficult at all, and shadowing actual tours. Today he is actually giving his first tour. I have still not officially found a job yet, but I went to the Alaskan Fudge Company yesterday and it looks very promising. I will know by later today, so i will be sure to keep you all posted.
We've taken drives around Juneau and Brett got to see his firsts glimps of the ocean on Sunday (that's what the picture is of - those are islands, and they're everywhere!). It's beautiful country. It's been raining a lot and the clouds have been hanging really low so we haven't actually got to see the real beauty that is surrounding us yet. Tomorrow is supposed to be nice weather so hopefully we can see all the gorgeous mountains.
We are having a blast here! Brett has already told me that it may be really hard for him to leave already.... I might have to drag him home.

5 comments:

Emily M said...

YEA!!! I am the very first person to post something on your blog- how exciting!I am glad you are there and enjoying it. Remind Brett of 2 very beautiful girls down in Utah and maybe that will help him when it is time to come home (you better make that 3- counting me :))I will be looking forward to seeing pictures and keeping in touch. We love you guys and miss you!!

Janalee Anderson said...

I'm so impressed that you've got your blog up and running already and I can't wait for more updates. I'm sure it won't be long before Brett has some funny adventure stories to share. It sounds like you're going to have a fun summer but we'll miss you.

Natalie said...

WAHOO! Hooray for blogs! I'm so excited to read all about your Alaskan adventures. I know you are going to have such a fun summer. You can also remind Brett of a little redheaded munchkin with a mullet who misses you guys so much he can't sleep. (Hence the reason I am writing this at 1 AM!) We love you, miss you, and think of you often!

Good luck at the fudge factory. Feel free to send some of that goodness my way!

Shelly Traveller said...

Hey guys! I saw your blog on Em's. I look forward to reading about your adventures as well. Take care.
Shelly Traveller

clamcb said...

Hey, looks cold, glad you two made it safely there and will look forward to hearing from you via blog central,
let us know how the fudge factory is, I would not do well there, I could be their main sampler
all our love Kevin & Claudia