Thursday, December 9, 2010

Hatred

I know this is the time of year that you are supposed to be grateful for what you have and boy, are we ever! However, I just need to vent about how much I absolutely HATE applying to grad school. It consists of so much time, effort, and money that it is emotionally and physically exhausting! I am one who likes to be in control of things (thanks Mom) and not being able to control all of the if's, when's, how's, and such of graduate school is NOT my idea of fun.
It breaks my heart to see Brett working so hard to get into grad school and just because he doesn't have stellar grades he might not get in. There are so many variables that come with applying to a graduate program and we have done our very best to pick the schools that are a good fit for him and us but what if we picked all the wrong schools? What if we spend $1,000s just to apply to all of these blasted schools and then we don't get in? Then what? Where do we go from there? Do we do it all over again next year or do we look for opportunities elsewhere? There are so many things resting on whether or not we get in that i can't even begin to list them or I just might start to cry. We HAVE to get in this year - we NEED to get in this year.
If only....
I know many of you who read our blog have been through this same process and can attest that it is NOT fun. Today I'm just being a my worry-wart self and needed to vent then I thought "why not do it on the blog since you haven't updated in over a month...." So this is me, venting on the blog, and putting all of these lame questions down in writing so I can let go of them and STOP worrying about them. Can I just run away to the hills and trap for beaver pelts and never have to be worried about money or jobs or anything! Who's with me?

No comments: