Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July!

This year was the first year that Brett and I have been "home" in Utah for the 4th of July together. When we were dating I was in New Jersey during the 4th and Brett was working on a fire. The past 2 years we have been in Juneau. This year we got to spend a few days at Brett's family's cabin in Bear Lake. It was so much fun to just relax and enjoy everyone's company. I feel like all I did was eat and eat and eat. Good food and good times. Thanks for making it so much fun everyone! Unfortunately, I was super lame and didn't get any pictures while we were there... DANG IT! You'll just have to take my word that a great time was had by all.
We came home Sunday afternoon and went for a horse ride with my dad, brother-in-law Greg, my dad's co-worker's daughter, Emily, me and Brett. We were supposed to be at my dad's house at 7 A.M. Well, both Brett and I turned off our alarms without knowing and didn't make it on time. We jumped out of bed and headed down to Greg's to get the horses ready. When we got there we found out he had been struggling with all 3 horses. All of them had hung back at the trailer and Millie even broke the lead rope and took up through the neighborhood. He had just got them put back in the corral when we got there. We headed up the canyon about 45 minutes after we had originally planned. Oops! We wanted to go on a shorter ride, maybe 4 hours MAX. However, we got riding and were close to a lake and decided to head to the lake, adding about an hour to the ride. White Pine Lake was beautiful and the entire ride was gorgeous scenery! So we all had a blast. Unfortunately, when we headed back, we took another trail, thinking that it would lead us home as well. BAD IDEA! We ended up about 3 canyons over from where we were supposed to be and had to trail blaze through 2 or 3 canyons to get back to the draw that would lead us back to the trailer. This little mis-hap ended up adding about 2 hours to the already longer ride, making our ride about 7 hours of actually riding! Needless to say, when we got back to the truck and trailer we were POOPED and today I'm a little bit sore.
Here are a few pictures of the ride/White Pine Lake. We should have had the camera out taking pictures of the rest of the beautiful scenery but alas, we didn't. I guess we'll just have to go again...




1 comment:

The Jones Family said...

Great pics! Looks like it was a fun ride, despite the length! Wish I could have gone with you, feels like forever since I have been on a horse!