Friday, December 18, 2009

TWO WHOLE YEARS

On December 15, we celebrated our 2nd anniversary. I can't believe that it has been two years already! It's a feeling that is very hard to describe - it's like I don't remember a life without Brett. Don't worry, I hate when people get super sappy on these dang blogs so I won't go there but these past 2 years really have been the best years of my life thanks to Brett and to his wonderful family.
For our anniversary this year we decided to head back to where we went on our Honeymoon - Park City, Utah. Only if you remember from our Honeymoon both of us were pretty sick and spent most of the time indoors. We didn't get to go skiing or shopping or anything but it was still good to get away. So this year we decided that we would the same thing only this time with both of us being healthy we could do everything that we didn't get to do on our Honeymoon. We left later Tuesday afternoon and go to Salt Lake City for our first night. We stayed at the Radisson in downtown so we were able to walk everywhere we went. We walked to dinner at Ramone's Macaroni Grill, which was fabulous food by the way. Then we walked down to the Gateway and walked around there for a little while. We didn't buy any thing but it was fun just to walk in all of the stores and look at everything. We found out there are a lot of fashions that we like to make fun of right now so we had some really good laughs at some of the people at the mall and some of the clothes at the mall.... Great times! We decided not to see the lights at Temple Square because we will be seeing them next Wednesday when we get to pick up my sister and her family who are coming from Alaska! We have had a countdown to their arrival basically since the day we pulled off of the coast of Alaska. We are so excited to see them! So instead of seeing the lights we went to visit Brett's brother Brian and his wife Sher for a minute and to pick a few things up from them. They are awesome. We wished they lives closer so we could spend more time with them but we sure do love the time we do get to spend with them.
When we got back to our hotel we decided to hope in our GiGanTic Jacuzzi tub that was in our room instead of going down to the pool area. (This is rated, we got in the tub in our swimming suits...) While I was inthe tub I started feeling really nauseas and proceeded to puke. Afterwords I thought I was feeling better but I was up all night puking and with the diarrhea the entire night! Let's just say that December 15 is not a good day for Chelsea and puking.... On my wedding day I puked twice because I was sick.

The TUB

The next morning I was feeling better but not 100% so we took it easy. We got up late, ate some breakfast and then headed down to Cabela's for a couple of hours. We headed up to Park City about 4 pm, check into our hotel, The Yarrow, then went to dinner at Loco Lizard. They have the best salas there, we ate there on our honeymoon and we decided we just had to go back. It was great food. After dinner Brett had set up a massage for me, which was so awesome! I loved it and it was such great way to relax, especially after a very stressful semester. Thanks honey! The next day we spent the day on the slopes. Although snow conditions were not perfect, the weather was warm and it was a beautiful day for skiing! We had a blast and really enjoyed our little getaway! We headed home last night and Brett is now out goose hunting in some really foggy weather... Here's some pictures of the awesome Deer Valley and our wonderful ski day!

Us on the lift

Brett with some HUGE cabins behind him

Chelsea with some of the resort and cabins in the background

Some GigAnTic cabins that we skied past during the day

7 comments:

Chelsee said...

Chels! I miss you! You rock my world. Guess what?! I'm coming back to Logan in January!!!! We will definitely have to get together when I get back up there! I miss you like crazy!!!

Whitney Hale said...

Chels, Happy belated birthday! I thought about you and never did anything about it! Happy Anniversary as well! You two are so perfect for one another! That is terrible you are always sick for your anniversary! You better start celebrating on another week LOL!! I just read about your robbing incident! I didn't believe it at first! I thought you would go on to say, "Brett hid my camera and said it was stolen and secretly bought me a new one!!" haha, but unfortunately... :( DARN those greedy people!! I'm just glad you guys are alright, you'll have to find a better place to live for sure! I hope you guys have a Merry Christmas! We need to go to lunch again!! :) :)

Emily M said...

I can't believe you got sick- that stinks!! I am glad you guys were able to do some fun stuff though. I thought you weren't able to go skiing. Happy Anniversary!

The Jones Family said...

So sorry to hear you were sick! Just happy it wasn't me that made you sick this time! Sounds like you really had a great time on your little trip, other than the sick part. Don't you just love massages?!! Can't wait to see you in less than a week!! Happy anniversary!

The Jones Family said...

Chelsea, I assume Brett also held your hair this time while you puked, like on your wedding day. You poor soul. (I mean Brett. JK!) Anyhow, happy anniversary and see you all soon. ZJ

Natalie said...

Gorgeous pics! I had forgotten all about you getting sick on your wedding day and honeymoon. Now you can add an anniversary to that list.

That was a nasty little bug (as I know because we were up puking the same night), but I'm glad it was a fast one so you could enjoy the rest of your trip! Happy Anniversary. I'm so glad Brett found you. :)

Alex and Anna said...

COngrats on two years you guys!!