Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Getting settled

We have now been in class for a week and what can I say...
I'm feeling quite overwhelmed so far. Brett seems to do keeping up and doing fine so far. Meanwhile, I'm quickly realizing that grad school is going to kick my butt for the next 2 years. Once again, my life is owned by something much bigger than myself. So if I avoid anyone in the next two years just know that I still love you very much - I'm just so busy that I'm probably curled up on my couch hiding under a blanket, bald because I pulled my hair out already and bawling my eyes out.
I've already told Brett that I love him very much and I enjoy spending time with him just don't plan on seeing very much of me for the next 2 years.
Despite all of the negative things I have just said - I absolutely LOVE my program. The classes are far better than any of my undergraduate classes were. I am thoroughly enjoying learning and feel like I'm being challenged and actually learning - it's quite a different feeling than that of my undergrad.
Just an update for those of you who do not live by us or see us often: Brett shaved his beard! Yeah! I was quite surprised when we walked out of the bathroom and asked me if he should leave "it" like this for school. I about died when I turned around - what a dork! I didn't really mind the beard too much but I will say that I like him much much much better without the beard.
Don't worry he shaved all the way after he let me take a picture so he no longer has that mustache but he'll probably be start growing out the beard again soon for "the hunt".
So, don't worry if I don't post anything for awhile, we're still alive. I'm just super busy and don't have time for anything but school.

4 comments:

The Day's said...

You sure Bret has not been selling coffee beans and riding donkey?

Natalie said...

Oh the mustache! Love it!!! Good luck with school. Just be glad you're doing it before you have kids. :)

Emily M said...

I somehow missed this post- I am SO glad that the mustache is gone- bretty looks much better without. That stinks that school. is so demanding- good luck and hang in there!

The Jones Family said...

Good to see the beard died (sorry Brett). But hey, if Brett doesn't like school, I think he could grow that mustache back out and get a job on the police force. ZJ